Little Eric appears to have many of the same allergies Caden had. I've been steadily cutting thigns from my diet over the last few weeks adn we see strong reactions. So far we're up to milk, eggs, wheat, soy, and nuts. I wanted to throw myself a little pity party but since my standard pity party fare (brownies) was not an option I started wracking my brain for a yummy treat. In doing so I remembered these Fruit Filled Cookie Bars from Sophie Safe Cooking. Since Caden devloped an allergy to oats I quit making them, but they are tasty and easy.
Ingredients:
1 cup oat flour (simply put 1 cup of oats in a blender)
1 1/4 cup quick oats
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/3 cup margarine or shortening
8 oz jam
Directions:
Comine oat flour, oats, sugar, and baking soda. Cut in margarine or shortening until mixture is evenly combined. Remove 2/3 cup of oat mixture for topping. Press remainder of the mixture into the bottom of a 9x9 pan. Spread jam over oat mixture. Sprinkle the 2/3 cup oat mixture on top of jam. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes. Allow to cool completely (about 2 hours) before cutting into bars.
Review: Yum! Highly recommended. There is something about oats that just reminds me of fall.
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Really? So I guess these allergies run in the family. I am so sorry to hear that - what a challenge!
Post a Comment